59 Berry St Nowra
This accredited course teaches adults how to assist Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people experiencing a mental health crisis or developing a mental health problem.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social and emotional wellbeing mental health problems in communities.
- Mental health first aid strategies for working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Developing mental health problems covered are:
- Depression, anxiety, psychosis & substance use.
- Mental health crisis situations covered are:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours, non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm), panic attacks, traumatic events, severe effects of drug or alcohol use, severe psychotic states and aggressive behaviours.
SESSION 1: Wednesday 11th November, 9am – 5pm
SESSION 2: Thursday 12th November, 9am – 5pm
(Participants must attend both sessions for accreditation)
LOCATION: Conference Room 3, Caledonia House Level 1, 59 Berry St Nowra
View the flyer: 20201111 AMHFA Flyer
Download registration form: 20201111 AMHFA Form