Our Family Support Program provides professional, culturally sensitive services to Aboriginal families. We strive to give our families a safer place to live in our community so they can live a happier and healthier life. Our family support workers use a strength based family approach to help you and your family build and maintain strong networks.
Our Early Family Support Program is focused on supporting families who care for children aged 0 to 5 years old. We support families with new babies, first time parents, and teenage parents, in their journey to become the best they can be.We can provide information on early childhood services, antenatal services, and assist in the antenatal period to plan and prepare for the birth of your child.
Who is this program for?
- If you feel like being a parent is more than you bargained for
- If being a parent is getting you down
- If you’re missing the support and practical help of relatives and friends… Perhaps a family support worker could help!
Family Support Workers will:
- Listen to you
- Provide you with options
- Assist you with family and personal matters
- Work with you to increase your confidence and self awareness
- Help you gain a better understanding of health and education
Family Support Workers can:
- Provide relevant information on early childhood services and accessing antenatal services
- Provide individual family support for families who need assistance in further developing parenting skills
- Advocate for, and refer families to other services when needed eg: health professionals, child care and housing
- Work on a one-to-one basis to assist parents and careers identify their needs, set achievable goals, and work towards their fulfilment
- Provide groups, workshops and activities in areas including: education, social skills, wellness, health, hygiene and safety
- Provide parenting programs to enhance parent’s knowledge, skills, confidence and self-esteem, both as a parent and as an individual.