- Multiple Positions
- Located in Nowra
Become our next General Practitioner!
Walk with our clients on their health care journey. Our Health & Wellbeing team values a balanced approach to all needs of health care: Physical, Social, Emotional, Cultural and Spiritual.
Expression of Interest
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The General Practitioner will provide medical services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population served by SCMSAC. This will include the management of acute and chronic conditions, the delivery of primary health care and health promotion.
This role forms part of a multidisciplinary team including Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, Practitioners, Dental Services and visiting allied health/Specialists.
Applicant must meet below criteria.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure provision of general practice services to patients attending the SCMSAC and home visits where necessary
- Delivery of comprehensive primary health care that involves assessment, prevention, early detection, appropriate referral including review and follow-up of patients with ongoing conditions.
- Active participation in clinical and health promotion routines
- Provide information and support to patients and their family members that will assist them to take responsibility for their own health and focuses on the rights of the family and individuals
- Supervise the work of the Registrars and medical students that are placed at SCMSAC from time to time
- Participate in rostered clinics and outreach services, including visits to nursing/aged care facilities.
- Participate in targeted general practice activities to maximise KPI performance, OSR performance, MBS billings, PIP, QI, PNIP and other revenue streams.
- Participate in cultural awareness activities to ensure culturally safe delivery of services
- In conjunction with the Practice Manager, Executive Officer and Chief Executive Officer, keep informed of local health issues/needs that could be addressed by developing appropriate health education programs and assist in the development of plans for health services and education programs
- Provide assistance in the training and supervision of health workers where appropriate
- Provide an avenue for the exchange of information between patients and mainstream services by advocating with and on behalf of the patients and family members when necessary
- Work with range of local services, organisations and network with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal services that would benefit clients
- Actively uphold the services philosophy, vision, policies and procedures
- Ensure maintenance and provision of a safe, clean environment for clients, staff and visitors
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all affairs of the organisation
- Use clinical information system (Communicare) to identify care needs, initiate recalls and care plans, and document patient consultation and care
- Ensure the maintenance and responsible use of all equipment
- Accept personal responsibility and be accountable for professional practice
- Maintain professional skills and knowledge via appropriate staff and professional development
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of ongoing quality assurance activities
- Participate in team work activities such as staff meetings and staff development activities and the provision of reports as and when required
- Ensure honest and optimal claims for services provided to Medicare and other service funders, including liaising with admin staff to follow up rejected claims
- Undertake Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) activities in order to maintain Medical registration.
- Participate in employee Performance Agreement and Review processes.
- Provide guidance to the medical team and other staff on relevant matters as they arise
- Understanding of and capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Executive Officer – Health and Wellbeing, Practice Manager or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.