- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
The Practice Manager is responsible for the day to day management of a range of quality, culturally appropriate health related services to patients of the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation (SCMSAC). Primarily GP services, allied health and dental services.
21 August 2020
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Practice Manager will assist the Executive Officer – Health and Wellbeing to develop and implement programs focusing on early intervention, health promotion, prevention and treatment within the Aboriginal context of health, taking into account the social, emotional, cultural, physical and spiritual aspects of health. The Practice Manager is also responsible for the evaluation of programs and services, implementing and reviewing continuous quality improvement and clinical accreditation processes.
The Practice Manager will on a daily basis manage clinical staff, providing support and supervision, build capacity of staff, and provide access to training and development opportunities as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in the development and delivery of an integrated and culturally sensitive suit of relevant clinical and health promotion programs that meet the needs of community members
- Assist in the identification and implementation of innovations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of clinical service delivery
- Proactively develop and implement a range of health promotion activities
- Coordinate outreach clinics at Wreck Bay and Jerrinja Aboriginal communities
- Supervise clinical staff, including reception staff to ensure appropriate rostering, client workflow management, compliance with agreed services levels and national health accreditation standard to ensure performance targets are met and exceeded
- Provide quality leadership and management to team members, GP’s and other clinical staff as required, including conducting regular ongoing support and supervision, and performance development and reviews
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships as required, including developing and managing formal partnership agreements
- Ensure high quality data and reporting compliance
- Provide administrator level support for client record and data management systems and software
- Monitor and ensure the maintenance of clinic stocks and equipment
- Manage budget and expenditure within delegation
- Participate in the Clinical Governance Committee and other committees as directed
- Actively model SCMSAC’s Code of Conduct and demonstrate appropriate professional workplace behaviours
- Conduct all activities in a manner consistent with national health accreditation standards and SCMSAC Work Health & Safety Policy and Procedures
- Proactively address WH&S hazards, incidents and injuries, including infection control processes
- Comply with infection control, safe handling and disposal of medical waste protocols
- Adhere to and follow the SCMSAC incident and complaint investigation policies
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, quality and service delivery outcomes to ensure national accreditation standards are met or exceeded
- Participate in the development of quality procedures and contribute to internal and external program reviews as required
- Effectively lead and manage organisational change, employee and budget management
- Understanding of and capacity to implement Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO), WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC policies and procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Executive Officer – Health and Wellbeing or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.