- Full Time Position
- Fixed Term
- Batemans Bay/Far South
The Preservation Caseworker is required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated Preservation team who are responsible for providing case management and support to achieve outcomes for families with children and young people who are at risk of entering Out of Home Care (OOHC).
30 July 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Caseworker will provide intensive support services to vulnerable children, young people, and their families in order to identify and/or reduce risks, allowing families to maintain the care of their child/children.
The Caseworker will work with and support families in order to prevent children and young people entering statutory OOHC by planning and implementing strategies to build their parenting capacity to provide safe and nurturing environments free from risk of harm.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Undertake and meet all case management responsibilities in relation to individual children, young people and their families allocated by the PSP Manager – Preservation
- Complete all relevant documents and records for each family within the given time frames and all other paperwork relevant to the role in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Maintain regular, effective and meaningful contact with children, young people and their families
- Ensure that family action plans are regularly reviewed and facilitate the attendance of all key stakeholders at relevant meetings including family group conferences and reviews
- Participate in monthly supervision meetings with your Team Leader and complete tasks identified in these meetings
- Undertake and participate in regular evaluations of the service and take part in annual appraisals and team planning days
- Undertake specific task allocated by the PSP Manager – Preservation, relating to promotion of the service and the enhancement of the partnership between the team and key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive, supportive and collaborative team environment including the ongoing learning of all team members through the sharing of ideas and feedback from training
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Executive Officer – PSP or Supervisor
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.