- Full Time
- 2 Year Fixed Term
- Position Located in Goulburn or Batemans Bay
Our Preservation team is looking for an experienced team leader to join them in leading a dedicated team of Preservation Caseworkers. This position may be located in either our Goulburn or Batemans Bay Office
5 July 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Preservation Team Leader is responsible for successfully coordinating a team of Preservation Caseworkers, to ensure the effective delivery of services and support to children and young people (CYP) and families.
The Preservation Team Leader will liaise with Family and Community Services (FaCS), ensuring SCMSAC maintain a constructive and effective partnership with this key government department and other key stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide formal and informal support to a team of PSP staff in line with SCMSAC Support and Supervision Policy
- Develop the skills and capacity of staff through external and on the job training, including mentorship
- Coordinate and conduct regular team meetings and case plan meetings, keeping accurate records and meeting minutes
- Foster teamwork, goodwill and cooperation throughout teams
- Ensure reporting of notifiable events are handled consistent with SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate CSS Register in order to maintain a record/database of service provision and financial accountability where applicable
- Coordinate referrals from external stakeholders and liaise with financial team to complete quotes and process purchase orders where applicable
- Coordinate transport, supervised contacts and mentoring where applicable
- Develop rosters and shift allocation where applicable
- Review all supervised contact reports and provide feedback and training to Community Support Officers where applicable
- Prepare Carers Allowance spread sheet where applicable
- Initiate and undertake carer recruitment and training where applicable
- Liaise with the PSP Manager to ensure carers are supported and remain strongly connected with SCMSAC where applicable
- Undertake assessment of foster carers as identified
- Review existing foster care placement as required
- Ensure the implementation of all responsibilities details in the SCMSAC Child Protection Policy by ensuring staff and carers are aware of their responsibilities
- Take all necessary steps to ensure children and young people in the program are protected supported and safe from abuse
- Ensure casework complies with relevant legislation and standards, including but not limited to Child Protection Laws and WH&S, and that documentation complies with the Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) Standards
- In conjunction with PSP Managers, assist with responses to complaints
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Executive Officer or Supervisor
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.