- 1 x Full Time
The Psychologist will work within a multi-disciplinary Health & Wellbeing team, providing high quality mental health and social emotional wellbeing services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of the Shoalhaven.
Expression of Interest
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Psychologist will be responsible for the provision of evidence based counselling and psychological interventions. The Psychologist will involve clinical consultations, psychological assessments, and therapeutic supports to individuals, carer sand families as part of an integrated service response to improve mental health & wellbeing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide culturally appropriate psychological services and therapeutic care to clients in conjunction with other Health and Wellbeing staff
- Conduct psychological assessments for clients of SCMSAC
- Supporting patients eligible for mental health treatment plans, have up to date plans and regular reviews conducted by their GP
- Provide advice and support to other professionals and staff members regarding effective ways to address mental health and social emotional wellbeing needs of clients
- Contribute to the design, development and evaluation of the SCMSAC’s mental health and psychological programs and services
- Maintain up to date, accurate and comprehensive records and case notes in accordance with SCMSAC policy, AHPRA and best practice standards
- Produce requested reports in a timely manner
- Report to cases of suspected risk of harm to children and/or young people as per the SCMSAC policies and procedures and relevant legislation
- Assist in the reporting and investigation of all relevant issues as prescribed by the NSW Ombudsman
- Ensure the developments of therapeutic relationships with clients of the service are maintained professionally
- Communicate with referring agents and clinicians in the community involved in the ongoing management of individual consumers and their carers
- Ensure accurate documentation of information in a timely manner, including client records
- Contribute to the collection of data, and report on requirements for the program and services
- Attend relevant training as required and participate in regular professional development activities
- Knowledge and commitment to the principals of and practices of WHS and EEO and how these apply in the workplace
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.