- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
The Wellbeing Counsellor position will be required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated multi-disciplinary team to provide multi-faceted holistic programs and services to Aboriginal people residing in the Shoalhaven Aboriginal Communities
14 February 2020
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Wellbeing Counsellor position will provide counselling support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have been effected by past trauma, dispossession, separation of families, ongoing social disadvantage, racism and other historical, social and emotional wellbeing issues. This position will assist in the process of healing for people affected by past removal policies and who have particular issues and unique needs with the aim of strengthening social and emotional wellbeing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide crisis intervention, counselling and case management support for clients and their families and carers, using holistic approach
- Work proactively to improve understanding of social and emotional wellbeing, counselling interventions and culturally safe methods of working with the stolen generations and other Aboriginal clients
- Commitment to working within SCMSAC vision and values
- Ability to successfully coordinate the delivery of Health and Wellbeing programs and services
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely and a high level of interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and regard for professional boundaries, confidentiality and the ability to maintain sensitive information
- Strong community focus with compassion for the client group and ability to maintain unconditional positive regard for the clients
- Willingness to learn, undertake training and ongoing professional development
- Leadership and capacity for innovation, quality assurance and improvement
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.