- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Designated Position*
The Ability Links Program provides support to people with a disability aged 7-64, their families and carers, with the aim of meeting their needs, planning for their future and assisting them to become an active and valued member of their community
14th July 2018
The Ability Linker will provide a locally based first point of contact designed to improve access to, and engagement in, local community, mainstream services and disability services where necessary. The Linker will also work with local communities to facilitate social and economic inclusion of people with a disability.
Essential Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities and their families, and carers
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work/ Welfare/ Community Services/ Disability Services or related fields or equivalent experience in a relevant sector
- Ability to apply a person centred approach to service provision, social inclusions and community development principles
- Understanding of the emotional and physical support needs of families and carers of individuals with disabilities
- Lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, families, carers and the community
- Personal organisation skills including time management and ability to prioritise competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Demonstrated Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work flexible hours and across different locations within the local service area
- Clear Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Demonstrates initiative and an ability to problem solve
- Effective conflict resolution skills, negotiation, mediation and decision making skills
- Good literacy skills
- Effective communication skills including written and verbal communication with the ability to exercise these skills with people at all levels
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.