- 2 x Full Time Positions
- Located in Nowra
30 June 2022
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Community Engagement Officer will provide support to the Aboriginal Community as part of the Aboriginal Child Mentoring Program. The primary role of the position is to establish strong relationships and maintain positive and supportive engagement with community members whilst providing mentoring.
In this role you will deliver components of the program leading to increased community wellbeing, strong cultural identity among children and increased attendance in schooling and education. The program will include, but not limited to, the provision of healing circles, parenting programs, school holiday programs, and cultural activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Engage with the Aboriginal community including establishing working relationships with community members, the lands council and existing service providers
- Collaborate with existing services to establish and support the ongoing delivery of a healing circles for mothers, grandmothers and elders
- Development and facilitation of a community consultation group and a community homework centre
- Engage with the community to access and participate in school holiday programs and parenting programs that compliment outcomes of the Aboriginal Child Mentoring Program
- Delivery and coordination of cultural activities to support cultural identity and strength
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties including correspondence, database management and record keeping
- Develop and review session plans based on feedback and evaluations
- Develop disseminate resources which promote wellbeing
- Comply with privacy and confidentiality requirements and mandatory reporting
- Participate in team, section, all of staff meetings and provide reports as and when required
- Comply with SCMSAC Policy and Procedures regarding WH&S, EEO, and confidentiality ensuring that services are ethical, safe and comply with all legal requirements
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of ongoing quality assurance activities
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022.
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, SCMSAC require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.