- Full-time, Part-time or Casual
The Dental Assistant will also undertake administrative work, including recording dental examinations, ensuring patient records are available for daily appointments, as well as preparation and maintenance of appropriate data.
5 November 2020
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Dental Assistant will work closely with the Dentist to provide assistance in the provision of dental care to clients of South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation. This includes chairside assistance to the Dentist and oral health education for clients at each dental consultation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure all services are delivered in a culturally appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance to the Dentist in providing clinical examinations, treatments, information and follow up to clients
- Prepare and provide equipment, dental materials and instruments for each patient according to the treatment
- Assist in the sterilization and maintenance of dental instruments and equipment within the dental clinic
- Ensure SCMSAC infection control policy is followed, maintaining effective and efficient infection control at all times including the storage, packaging and collection of infectious waste/sharps
- Daily preparation, maintenance and management of the dental surgery to enhance patient throughput
- Manage an adequate supply of stock items by preparing dental supply orders for approval
- Participate in allocation of patients through computerised patient system Titanium/Communicare and other administrative duties associated with the clinic
- Assist in the development, implement and evaluation of health promotion activities in consultation with Manager
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to the dental service
- Undertake training as and when required
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles and practise of WH&S, EEO, Ethical Practice and the maintenance of strict confidentiality of the clients and organisation business
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Executive Officer or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.