- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
Work as part of a growing Finance and Administration team, with great benefits including salary packaging.
26 April 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Finance Officer is responsible for coordinating the centralised day to day financial transactions for the organisation and maintaining all financial systems and databases. Financial transactions must be actioned in accordance with policy to ensure objectives are met within required timeframes.
The Finance Officer is accountable for ensuring accuracy of data to assist in managing financial risk to the organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain Financial Databases
- Manage Creditor and Debtor Processes for both internal and external clients/suppliers in accordance with policy
- Processing of payroll in accordance with policy
- Manage payroll processes including Salary Sacrifice, Super, Garnishes
- Audit payroll data in accordance with Enterprise Agreement/Awards and policy
- Perform financial reconciliations and deal with outstanding issues
- Coordinate financial authorisations in accordance with Delegation Table/Board Approval
- Prepare financial quotes ensuring accuracy
- Analysis and preparation of data and reports relating to financial transactions
- Action financial checklists and delegated adhoc actions items by due date
- Coordinate Compliance Register
- Review and respond to all enquiries in a timely manner
- Identify and escalate discrepancies with financial transactions and policies
- Contribute to and provide recommendations with development to C&FS processes
- Prioritise tasks to ensure individual and team deadlines are met
- Provide support to other team members and operate in accordance with team objectives
- Provide training to other staff as required
- Ensure delegated processes are documented and up to date, to ensure succession of the team
- Finance Support Duties as required
- Understanding of and capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Executive Officer or Management
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.