- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Designated Position*
- Shoalhaven region
The Family Support Worker works under the direction of the Supervisory Manager – Child, Family and Disabilities and assists Aboriginal families in a developmental, supportive and therapeutic role. The Family Support Worker provides these services within the Shoalhaven region.
17 April 2017
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and/or experience in aspects of Aboriginal Family Support.
- Ability to work with local Shoalhaven Aboriginal Communities.
- Ability to work within or form productive and professional working relationships with stakeholders, other agencies and or service providers.
- High level communication skills both written and oral.
- Understands the importance of handling sensitive confidential client or service information.
- Experience in a range of computer based applications such as e-mail, databases, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An ability to work as a member of a team with or without supervision.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Participate in team, section, all of staff meetings and provide reports as and when required.
- Comply with SCMSAC Policy and Procedures regarding WH&S, EEO, and confidentiality ensuring that services are ethical, safe and comply with all legal requirements.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of ongoing quality assurance activities.
- Undertake relevant training as and when required.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager or delegate.
Education and experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Community Services or related fields and demonstrated experience in this sector (or willingness to obtain Qualification)
- High level knowledge and experience of case-management, casework and appropriate record keeping of client information
- Ability to communicate effective working relationships with referral agencies and other government and non-government agencies
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.