- 1 x Full Time
- 5 Month fixed term contract
The Wellbeing Caseworker will be required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated multi-disciplinary team to provide multi-faceted holistic programs and services to Aboriginal people residing in the Shoalhaven Aboriginal Communities.
2 September 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Wellbeing Caseworker will be required to promote the service and work in partnership with relevant stakeholders in providing health care programs and services that improves community safety and wellbeing. This will include providing culturally appropriate assessment, intervention, referral, and educational and support services as necessary for individuals, families and groups. The position holder will be required to provide direct client service delivery to individuals and facilitate a range of programs to reduce substance use and improve social and emotional wellbeing among local Aboriginal communities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Commitment to working within SCMSAC vision and values
- Ability to successfully coordinate the delivery of Health and Wellbeing programs and services
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely and a high level of interpersonal skills
- High level of Integrity and regard for professional boundaries, confidentiality and the ability to maintain sensitive information
- High level of organisational ability, time and task management skills
- Strong community focus with compassion for the client group and ability to maintain unconditional positive regard for the clients
- Willingness to learn, undertake training and ongoing professional development
- Leadership and capacity for innovation, quality assurance and improvement
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.