- 1 x Full Time
- Ongoing Term
- Designated Position*
- Shoalhaven regions
The Social Worker will work as part of a responsive and dedicated multi-disciplinary Social Health team to provide focused culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal people residing in the Shoalhaven Aboriginal communities.
22 December 2017
|The purpose of the position is to help people cope with challenges they are facing in their lives. This will include promoting recovery for those suffering from mental, behavioural or emotional disorders, restoring individual, family, and community wellbeing and enhancing development of each individual’s power and control over their lives.
The Social Worker will work as part of a responsive and dedicated multi-disciplinary Social Health team to provide focused culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal people residing in the Shoalhaven Aboriginal communities. The Social Worker will have a strong desire to help people and will assist client intake and provide crisis intervention by addressing the social needs among clients requiring support for mental health, social emotional wellbeing and substance use.
The position will be required to work closely with a broad range of clinical and community programs and services i.e. GP’s, nurses, health workers, psychologists, counsellors and caseworkers to provide specialised short term consultation and assessment, crisis interventions, referral, and advocacy services as necessary for individuals, families and groups. The position holder will be required to provide direct client service delivery to families and individuals and assist in the planning and delivery of programs to improve the lives of local Aboriginal people and communities.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Hold tertiary qualifications in Social Work / Social Welfare and have previous Social Work experience in the health and wellbeing fields.
- Ability to conduct social work assessments, coordinate treatment planning and have a demonstrated experience providing crisis interventions.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the health and wellbeing issues affecting Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Islander communities and have experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently using personal and technical skills, including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to use basic computer programs, information management systems, including the capacity to write reports and collect statistical data.
- Knowledge and commitment to policy, practice and legislation of child protection including Workplace Health & Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity and how they apply in the workplace.
- Current NSW Driver’s License and the willingness to travel to provide outreach services within the Shoalhaven region.
- Current Social Worker registration or tertiary qualifications in Social Work from an accredited course providing eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.