- 1 x Full Time position
- Located in Nowra
The Strong Foundations Project Officer will be required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary Wellbeing Team and will be responsible for the delivery and evaluation of the Strong Foundations Wellbeing Program.
11 June 2021
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Officer will be required to deliver a school-based program (”Be You” framework/ Cultural inclusive practices) to promote wellbeing, resilience, and identity among Aboriginal Children from ages 7-13yrs. The program is complimentary to individual/family counseling and targeted community suicide prevention awareness programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Day-to-day delivery and facilitation of the Strong Foundations Wellbeing program
- Develop and review session plans based on feedback and evaluations
- Plan and deliver school holiday programs to include parents/carer’s of participants
- Coordinate the delivery of targeted community suicide prevention awareness programs
- Develop disseminate resources which promote wellbeing
- Establish and maintain communication with teachers, AEO’s, principals and counsellors in order to successfully manage program delivery, challenges and barriers
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties including correspondence, database management and record keeping
- Monitor child-wellbeing; comply with privacy and confidentiality requirements and mandatory reporting
- Participate in team, section, all of staff meetings and provide reports as and when required
- Comply with SCMSAC Policy and Procedures regarding WH&S, EEO, and confidentiality ensuring that services are ethical, safe and comply with all legal requirements
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of ongoing quality assurance activities
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022.