- 1 x Full Time Position
- Located in our North St Office (Nowra)
31 July 2022
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Targeted Early Intervention Worker will work with and support Aboriginal families to ensure that they are able to access timely, effective and culturally safe support and services earlier in the lives of their children.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the PSP Manager to develop, implement and evaluate family targeted programs
- Provide culturally appropriate assessment, intervention, referral and education as necessary in liaison with the PSP Manager
- Participate in education and training for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people
- Liaise with government and non-government organisations who engage in similar work
- Assist with advocating on behalf of families as directed by PSP Team Leader
- Participate in representation of the Family Support service as directed by the PSP Team Leader
- Develop and maintain appropriate print and marketing information in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Officer
- Assist with maintaining adequate, up to date, appropriate resources for families
- Understanding of and capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022.
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, SCMSAC require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.