- 1 x Full Time Position
- Located in our Nowra (North St) Office
APPLICATIONS CLOSE:3rd December 2022
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Team Leader- Out Of Home Care coordinates a team of Child and Family Services Workers to ensure the effective delivery of services and support to children, young people, their families and foster carers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- All CYP Plans are to be reviewed and signed within a week of receipt, then uploaded to CDS and, where relevant, Childstory by their due date.
- Ensure all monthly CYP and Carer Home Visit Reports are reviewed, signed off and uploaded to CDS within one week of receipt.
- Review Monthly Reconciliation Report and provide feedback within the timeframe advised.
- Contribute to The Office of the Children’s Guardian accreditation procedures and coordinate file audit processes, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure reporting of notifiable events are handled consistent with SCMSAC Policies and Procedures, without exception.
- CYP Plans are to be reviewed and sent to Manager at least one week prior to the due date.
- Compile and provide the Monthly Team Leader Report by the 3rd of each month to your manager.
- Ensure case workers complete the S149 risk assessment and associated notification letters prior to the expiry date of the previous assessment.
- Ensure caseworkers complete quarterly S163 Birth Family Updates.
- Ensure employees are updated and educated monthly around company and governing policies, during/in team meetings.
- Develop the skills and capacity of staff through external and on the job training, including mentorship.
- Ensure decision making is informed by legislation, standards and compliance requirements.
- Hold a small caseload when required.
- Assist with responses to complaints in a professional and timely manner – within three business days of receipt of feedback.
- Reportable conduct matters are to be escalated to your manager on the same business day.
- Participate in rotational on call roster.
- Attend and, where relevant, coordinate meetings. Be punctual, prepared, and actively participate.
- Actively participate in monthly documented support and supervision sessions.
- Conduct monthly documented support and supervision with each direct report, ensuring this is saved on relevant personnel file and uploaded to HR3.
- Lead and participate in relevant annual performance reviews.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025.