- 1 x Full Time position
- Located in Nowra
8 April 2022
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This is an entry level position. You do not need a certificate IV in Community Services (Alcohol & Other Drugs) or related field, however you must be willing to obtain.
The Wellbeing Caseworker- Substance Use will be required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated multi-disciplinary team to provide Substance Use programs and services to Aboriginal people residing in the Shoalhaven region.
The Wellbeing Caseworker will promote individual and community wellbeing through case management to reduce harmful substance use and improve the wellbeing of Aboriginal people. This will require working collaboratively and in partnership with local health and support organisations to provide culturally sensitive alcohol and other drug prevention, education, referral, support, advocacy and access to treatment, rehabilitation and aftercare services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist with providing casework, advocacy and referral support to assist in the treatment support of Aboriginal people with addiction to alcohol and other drugs
- Assist with assessments to develop a shared understanding of their situation and related problems and strengths
- Work collaboratively with individuals, including their families and carers to assist in goal setting by developing strategies to achieve desired goals and empowering people to develop the skills towards recovery and independence
- Assist with developing and implementing case plans and intervention strategies for clients and their families including coordinating care, making referrals and conducting case reviews
- Develop successful working relationships with service users and their families in the Shoalhaven region to improve access to programs and services
- Establish and maintain strong links and referral pathways with public, private, non-government and volunteer services in the local area
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of health related programs to improve community safety and wellbeing
- Attend and participate professionally in team, section, SCMSAC staff meetings and other meeting and provide reports s and when required
- Ensure the quality of client service through participating in accreditation and quality improvement processes
- Understanding of and capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Undertake any other duties, consistent with skills and experience as directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022.
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, SCMSAC require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.