- 1 x Full Time ongoing position
- Located in Nowra
28 January 2022
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Wellbeing Caseworker – Mental Health will be required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated multi-disciplinary team to provide Mental Health programs and services to Aboriginal people residing in the Shoalhaven region.
The Wellbeing Caseworker will provide a range of case management services to individuals to improve the mental health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people. This will require working collaboratively and in partnership with local health and support organisations to provide culturally sensitive and safe mental health assessment, treatment, support, advocacy and information.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide casework, advocacy and referral support to assist in the recovery of Aboriginal people experiencing a mental illness
- Undertake assessment with the client to develop a shared understanding of their situation and related problems and strengths
- Work collaboratively with individuals, including their families and carers to assist in goal setting by developing strategies to achieve desired goals and empowering people to develop the skills towards recovery and independence
- Develop and implement case plans and intervention strategies for clients and their families including coordinating care, making referrals and conducting case reviews
- Develop successful working relationships with service users and their families in the Shoalhaven region to improve access to programs and services
- Establish and maintain strong links and referral pathways with public, private, non-government and volunteer services in the local area
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of health related programs to improve community safety and wellbeing
- Attend and participate professionally in team, section, SCMSAC staff meetings and other meeting and provide reports s and when required
- Ensure the quality of client service through participating in accreditation and quality improvement processes
- Understanding of and capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Undertake any other duties, consistent with skills and experience as directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, SCMSAC require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.