- 1 x Full Time Position
- Located in the Jane Ardler Centre (Nowra)
22 September 2023
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Wellbeing Counsellor position will provide evidence based and innovative therapeutic supports for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have been effected by past trauma, dispossession, separation of families, ongoing social disadvantage, racism and other historical, social and emotional wellbeing issues. This position will assist in the process of healing for people affected by past removal policies and who have particular issues and unique needs with the aim of strengthening social and emotional wellbeing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure all clients have a case plan implemented by week three of client episode.
- Complete documented case reviews for all clients at six week intervals.
- Maintain an up to date appointment book, ensuring all appointments for all client contacts are booked in and actioned as required.
- Complete exit plans and case closures for all clients.
- Enter case notes and upload relevant documents into the data management system within 48 hours of client contact.
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of health related programs to improve community safety and wellbeing.
- Support the planning, delivery and evaluation of annual Sorry Day activities.
- Maintain electronic records – ensuring all client documents are completed, and records are detailed and accurate, and comply with relevant legislation.
- Completion of home visit risk assessments for all clients requiring home visits.
- Completion of signed privacy statement and consent form for all clients.
- Completion of client satisfaction forms at review intervals.
- Attend all relevant meetings. Be punctual, prepared, and ready to participate.
- Actively participate in monthly documented support and supervision sessions.
- Participate in relevant annual performance reviews.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by the CEO delegate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025.
Being vaccinated against Covid-19 is an inherent requirement of this role, to ensure that SCMSAC fulfils its WHS obligations. The incumbent must remain up to date with current ATAGI (Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation) national advice regarding vaccines and booster shots.