- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term – 6 Months
- Shoalhaven regions
The primary purpose of the position is to provide counselling to Aboriginal children and their families as part of the Little Black Duck Program.
13 April 2018
Applicants will need to provide their one page EOI and Resume to email@example.com by COB 13th April 2018
The primary purpose of the position is to provide counselling to Aboriginal children and their families as part of the Little Black Duck Program. The program, through the provision of counselling mentoring and advocacy, aims to work within two local primary schools to build resilience, empowerment and overall increase the wellbeing of Aboriginal children and their families.
Working alongside the Project Officer and Aboriginal Mentor, the Child Therapist will provide counselling, art therapy, family therapy and mediation to children and their families.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the health and wellbeing issues affecting Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Islander communities and have experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrated experience in counselling services including relevant tertiary qualifications in the areas of education, community services, social work or related areas.
- Excellent conflict resolution and mediation skills including the ability to provide a range of counselling therapies including art therapy/ play therapy or be willing to undertake this training.
- Ability to develop professional working relationships and work effectively with young people with challenging behaviours and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently using personal and technical skills, including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Computer proficiency, including the ability to use Microsoft Office programs, write reports and collect and record statistical data.
- Knowledge and commitment to principles and practices of Workplace Health & Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity and how they apply in the workplace.
- Appropriate clearances via “Working with Children Checks” and “National Criminal Records Checks” prior to engagement of services.
- Current NSW Driver’s License and willingness to travel if required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.