- 1 x Part Time
- Fixed Term
This position will support the National Health and Medical Research Council grant recently awarded to SAHMRI (South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute) which is aimed at developing novel interventions to reduce methamphetamine use in Aboriginal communities. This is achieved by implementing the Communities that Care (CTC) program.
25 November 2018
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The CTC Program is an evidence-based process aimed at building capacity within communities to improve the healthy development of children and young people. CTC uses a public health approach to prevent youth health and problem behaviours such as alcohol and other substance abuse, violence, antisocial behaviour, early school leaving and depression.
CTC aims to promote healthy development and to prevent health and social problems by addressing the factors that increase the risk of adverse outcomes (risk factors) as well as increasing the likelihood of positive development (protective factors). CTC is grounded in rigorous research from the fields of public health, sociology, psychology, education, criminology, medicine and organisational development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Successfully coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation the Communities That Care Model within the local Aboriginal community.
- Engage relevant community and sector stakeholders (including schools, community agencies, youth service providers, resident groups, police, sporting clubs etc.) across the Shoalhaven throughout the CTC process.
- Work with primary and secondary schools across the Shoalhaven to ensure they have a good understanding and are involved in the Shoalhaven CTC process.
- Coordinate the establishment of relevant working groups to drive the CTC process within the Shoalhaven community.
- Coordinate the collation of community data, local plans and policies, and coordinate service mapping exercises as required.
- Assist the CTC Ltd. team with the development and implementation of the CTC Youth Survey locally and ensure that schools are supported in this process.
- Assist the CTC Ltd. team with the publication and promotion of the Shoalhaven CTC Community
- Profile Report and support the Community Board to develop a Community Action Plan.
- Support the development and implementation of new evidence based prevention strategies across the community.
- Investigate future funding opportunities for the CTC effort, and manage the operational budget for CTC in the Shoalhaven.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met including to Community Board, Key Leaders Group and SCMSAC.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.