- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Flexible Location, Batemans Bay/Bega/Nowra/Goulburn/Queanbeyan
The primary aim of the Justice Support Program is to assist young people to establish a healthy pro-social lifestyle and prevent re-offending.
The Relationship Intervention aspect of the JSP will be provided by the Relationship Intervention Worker. The service may be provided when young people are leaving custody to encourage a smooth transition back to their family/carer and community.
8 May 2018
ESSENTIAL – Knowledge, skills and experience
- Clear understanding of the needs of families and young people involved in the criminal justice system.
- Ability to develop professional working relationships and work effectively with young people with challenging behaviours and their families.
- Sound knowledge of local service providers in the Far South Coast and Tablelands, including the ability to work in collaboration with government and non-government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of casework, case management and counselling services including relevant tertiary qualifications in Justice, Welfare, Community Services, Social Work, Counselling or related area.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously including excellent organisational skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands.
- Good literacy, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, collect statistical data and write reports.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Effective conflict resolution skills, negotiation, mediation and decision making skills
- Ability to work sensitively with Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse people.
- Clear Working With Children Check and Criminal Record Check
- Current NSW Driver’s License and the willingness to travel overnight, work flexible hours and across different locations within the local service area (Far South Coast and Tablelands).
DESIRABLE – Aboriginality is desirable
*Aboriginality- Aboriginality is a genuine occupational requirement and racial discrimination is prohibited as outlined under Section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.