- 1 x Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Designated Position
The Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Project Officer will be required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated Social Health team and will assist the TIS Regional Coordinator to deliver the Regional Tackling Indigenous Smoking Program aimed at reducing tobacco smoking rates among Aboriginal communities.
23 November 2018
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The TIS Project Officer will work within the Regional TIS project team and assist the TIS Coordinator to develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based activities, which promote prevention, smoking cessation and community development across the Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla and Bega Valley regions in partnership with other organisations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Working under the guidance of the Regional Tobacco Coordinator, the TIS Project Officer will:
- Primarily focus on the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and information that encourages and promotes smoking prevention, cessation and awareness of the harms of smoking.
- Effectively work as part of a project team to deliver the Regional TIS program. This includes working closely with the TIS Coordinator, Project officers, and Smoking Cessation workers.
- Collaborate with relevant staff and organisations working in areas of smoking cessation, substance use, Social and Emotional Wellbeing as key referral networks.
- Develop networks in local Aboriginal communities to build community support for health promotion activities and ensure activities are tailored to the needs of Aboriginal people and communities.
- Organise health promotion and community events to support anti-smoking and social marketing prevention campaigns.
- Assist the TIS Program Coordinator to collaborate with the National Best Practice Unit, other TIS Programs and relevant bodies to ensure best practice and quality standards of service delivery are developed and maintained and align with national approaches.
- Undertake induction, ongoing professional development and training relevant to the program and the position; including participating in networking opportunities, conferences, workshops and seminars;Collect and report data to assist in the evaluation of the TIS program.
- Exemplify non-smoking and quit smoking behaviours; and
- Perform other duties as agreed between the SCMSAC and the Commonwealth Department of Health as outlined in the program action plan.
- Demonstrate ability to assist in the delivery of the Regional TIS program and activities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.