- Multiple positions across our Nowra, Goulburn & Batemans Bay Offices.
We are seeking to recruit a team of Community Support Officers (CSO) in our Permanency Support Program to provide Supervised Contact/ Transport Services, Mentoring and Crisis Care. This is an exciting opportunity for suitable applicants to be a positive role model within the community who will form part of our Non-Placement Support Services (NPSS) team.
Ongoing applications welcome
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Community Support Officer will be responsible for supervising and reporting on family contact, transport of children, young people and their families to supervised contacts, respite and other scheduled activities. The Community Support Officer may also be required to engage in mentoring activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with children, young people and their families who require support, to achieve goals identified as part of individual case plans and work independently to carry out the service
- Record all contact with clients of the service including evidence based, high level reports of supervised contact to be reviewed and signed off by Supervisors
- Support relevant staff working in areas of Aboriginal Cultural Support, living skills and leaving care plan and SCMSAC mentoring programs
- Ensure compliance as a mandatory reporter, and follow ROSH protocols and line management reporting where there are reasonable grounds to suspect that a child is at risk of harm
- Assist in the training of colleagues in Community Support Service (CSS) facilitation
- Perform other ad hoc duties as identified by Supervisors and Managers
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO, Senior Manager or Supervisor
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025.