- 1 x Full Time
The Dentist position will be responsible for the provision of a broad range of clinical duties within the scope of funded dental care services
Expression Of Interest
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
These services include but are not limited to meeting with patients, assessing their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures such as extractions, and work with other staff members such as Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists to provide SCMSAC clients with quality dental services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide comprehensive primary oral health care involving assessment, prevention, early detection, referral, oral health promotion and community development
- Perform dental examinations to determine a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan
- Provide significant emphasis on oral health education at individual dental consultations.
- Ensure appropriate referral of clients for specialist services for further examination and treatment, including x-ray requests forms and referral letters where appropriate
- Provide professional guidance and support for dental assistants
- Liaise effectively with service staff, community groups, clients and external services
- Maintain concise, complete and accurate paper and/or electronic clinical patient dental records
- Prepare and maintain appropriate statistical data, reports and analyses monthly on activities and services including clinical review of records and health promotion activities
- Follow SCMSAC infection control policy maintaining effective and efficient infection control at all times
- In consultation with the Practice Manager, participate in health promotion activities to promote dental services and oral health educational messages to the public
- Identify, develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement practices
- Participate in the development, implementation, maintenance and review of policies and procedures pertaining to the dental practice in accordance with practice guidelines, accreditation standards, AHPRA and other statutory bodies
- Assist in maintaining a safe work environment by reporting incidents of unsafe work practices, sites or equipment
- Participate in relevant training and development activities as an effective team member
- Understanding of capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
- Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.