- 1 x Full Time Position
- Located in Nowra (Jane Ardler Centre)
24th April 2023
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Dentist will be responsible for the provision of a broad range of clinical duties within the scope of funded dental care services.
These services include but are not limited to meeting with patients, assessing their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures such as extractions, and work with other staff members such as Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists to provide SCMSAC clients with quality dental services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform dental examinations and treatments to ensure SCMSAC clients receive appropriate oral health care services.
- Maintain concise, complete and accurate clinical patient dental records.
- Follow Dental Infection Control procedures as per ADA requirements.
- Maintain your registration as a Dental Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) at all times.
- Provide significant emphasis on oral health education at individual dental consultations.
- Ensure appropriate referral of clients for specialist services for further examination and treatment, including x-ray requests forms and referral letters where appropriate.
- Provide professional guidance and support for dental assistants.
- In consultation with your Supervisor, participate in health promotion activities to promote dental services and oral health educational messages to the public.
- Attend relevant meetings. Be punctual, prepared, and ready to participate.
- Actively participate in monthly documented support and supervision sessions.
- Participate in relevant annual performance reviews.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025.
Being vaccinated against Covid-19 is an inherent requirement of this role, to ensure that SCMSAC fulfills its WHS obligations. The incumbent must remain up to date with current ATAGI (Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation) national advice regarding vaccines and booster shots