- 2 x Full Time Positions
- Positions located in Batemans Bay and Goulburn
The Permanency Support Program (PSP) provides multidisciplinary case management and support for Aboriginal children and young people, and their foster carers as part of an integrated service response.
10 May 2021
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Permanency Support Worker is responsible for achieving the best possible outcomes for Aboriginal children and young people placed in the SCMSAC Permanency Support Program, referred by and in partnership with NSW Department Of Communities And Justice (DCJ). The Permanency Support Worker will work closely with carers and birth families for the purpose of planning and supporting care plans for children and young people in the SCMSAC Permanency Support Program.
Applicant must meet below criteria.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Undertake and meet all case management responsibilities in relation to individual children and young people allocated by the PSP Manager
• Complete all relevant documents and records for each child or young person within the given time frames and all other paperwork relevant to the role in line with organisational policies and procedures
• Maintain regular, effective and meaningful contact with children, young people and carers
• Ensure that case plans are regularly reviewed and facilitate the attendance of all key stakeholders at relevant meetings including case conferences and reviews
• Facilitate, support and supervise when necessary, contact between children and young people placed in care and their siblings, birth families and significant others in accordance with court orders, case plans and reviews
• Participate in an on call rotational roster
• Participate in monthly supervision meetings with your Team Leader and complete tasks identified in these meetings
• Contribute to The Office of the Children’s Guardian accreditation procedures and file audit processes
• Undertake and participate in regular evaluations of the service and take part in annual appraisals and team planning days
• Undertake specific task allocated by your Team Leader relating to promotion of the service and the enhancement of the partnership between the team and key stakeholders
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive, supportive and collaborative team environment including the ongoing learning of all team members through the sharing of ideas and feedback from training
• Understanding of and capacity to implement EEO, WH&S, ethical practice and principles of a culturally diverse society
• Comply with all SCMSAC Policies and Procedures
• Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate