- 1 x Full Time, Fixed-term in Batemans Bay (commencing June/July)
- 1 x Full Time, Fixed Term in Nowra (commencing August)
The Early Links Program provides time-limited support to families of children aged less than nine years around the time of their child’s diagnosis with disability or developmental delay, with the aim of ensuring that families have greater capacity to support their child within their community.
Our Early Links Coordinators work with families to identify a customised support plan, and provide information about and connections with community, mainstream and specialist services that can assist. The roles also establish and maintain links with other services to provide the best possible support for each family’s individual needs.
13th June 2018
ESSENTIAL – Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience working with children with disabilities and their families
- A tertiary qualification in social work / psychology / welfare / community services / disability services at Cert IV or above, or equivalent experience in a relevant sector
- Understanding of the emotional and physical support needs of families of children with disabilities
- Demonstrated commitment to family-centred, inclusive and strengths-based practice
- Working knowledge of and connections within the local service network, including community, mainstream and specialist services for families with children with disabilities
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Working knowledge of NDIS
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with families
- Empathy, a non-judgmental approach and patience
- Effective written communication and report writing skills
- Personal organisation skills including time management
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Demonstrated computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Programs
- Clear Working With Children Check and Criminal Record Check
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
DESIRABLE – Aboriginality is desirable
*Aboriginality- Aboriginality is a genuine occupational requirement and racial discrimination is prohibited as outlined under Section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or download the forms below:
70003 – 70004 Early Links Coordinator Aug16 (Position Description)
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.