- Full Time, Fixed-term based in Nowra
Our Senior Finance Officer will play a key role within the Corporate and Financial Services Team, providing accounting support to a busy team. The role will also be responsible for accounting for and administering funding contracts and variations, including meeting reporting requirements to ensure compliance.
5 June 2018
ESSENTIAL – Knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience with complex accounting transactions and managing complex financial contracts
- High level of competency in understanding of financial ledgers and reconciliations
- Exposure to funding acquittal processes in the non-government sector would be advantageous
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in a variety of computer software applications and a range of office equipment
- Knowledge and commitment to principles and practices of WH&S and EEO and how they apply in the workplace
- High-level initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving abilities
- Effective personal organisational skills including time management and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Current Drivers Licence.
DESIRABLE – Aboriginality is desirable, as is experience managing staff.
*Aboriginality- Aboriginality is a genuine occupational requirement and racial discrimination is prohibited as outlined under Section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must include a current resume, a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria set out below and a completed Application Coversheet and be emailed to email@example.com . If you have any queries please feel free to contact us on this email.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2015.