- 2 x Full Time Positions
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Officer will be required to work as part of a responsive and dedicated Health & Wellbeing team and will assist the Project Coordinator to deliver the activities aimed at reducing tobacco smoking rates and improving health outcomes among Aboriginal communities.
The Project Officer will work within a multifaceted team to develop, implement and evaluate evidence based activities that relates to health promotion initiatives on chronic disease awareness and smoking cessation services/treatments available across the Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla and Bega Valley regions in partnership with other organisations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Primarily focus on the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and information that encourages and promotes smoking prevention, cessation and awareness of the harms of smoking including chronic disease
- Collaborate with relevant staff and organisations working in areas of smoking cessation, substance use, Social and Emotional Wellbeing and chronic disease health care as key referral networks.
- Develop networks in local Aboriginal communities to build community support for health promotion activities and ensure activities are tailored to the needs of Aboriginal people and communities.
- Provision of information to individuals, families and other groups, increasing the awareness of the dangers of tobacco to improve their lifestyle, and decrease the burden of chronic diseases.
- Develop, plan, deliver and evaluate health promotion and community events to support anti-smoking and chronic disease, including social marketing prevention campaigns
- Promote awareness of healthy lifestyle choices and better health outcomes to Aboriginal Communities
- Assist the Coordinator and other team members to collaborate with the National Best Practice Unit, other TIS Programs and relevant bodies to ensure best practice and quality standards of service delivery are developed and maintained and align with national approaches
- Undertake induction, ongoing professional development and training relevant to the program and the position; including participating in networking opportunities, conferences, workshops and seminars;
- Develop, conduct and evaluate community surveys relating to smoking and the affects of
- Collect, collate and report data to assist in the evaluation of the program
- Facilitate education session to communities, schools and other stakeholders
- Develop plan and facilitate smoking cessation and healthy lifestyle groups
- Exemplify non-smoking and quit smoking behaviours; and
- Perform other duties as agreed between the SCMSAC and the Commonwealth Department of Health as outlined in the program action plan.
The TIS Project Officer, will be required to demonstrate:
- Ability to assist in the delivery of the Regional TIS program and activities.
- High level of organisational ability and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and handle sensitive and confidential client information.
- Personal drive and a strong community focus
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and developing materials,
- Ability to facilitate meetings, programs and activities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2019 – 2022.
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, SCMSAC require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.