- 1 x Full Time/Part Time Position
- Located in Nowra
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Psychologist will be responsible for the provision of evidence based counselling and psychological interventions to individuals, carers and families to improve wellbeing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supporting patients eligible for mental health treatment plans to have up to date plans and regular reviews conducted by their GP.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and uploaded to the database within three business days of an interaction, including consultation notes, assessments, reports, group work, case notes, therapy notes and training.
- Complete case closures for all clients that have completed their episode of care or have disengaged.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and comprehensive records and case notes in accordance with SCMSAC policy, AHPRA and best practice standards.
- Provide evidence based therapeutic interventions to the referrals allocated to you.
- Conduct and record relevant and accurate psychological assessments.
- Accurately record all relevant MBS items.
- Complete complex case reviews and plans for relevant clients.
- Average between four and six booked appointments per day.
- Report to cases of suspected risk of harm to clients as per the SCMSAC policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Adhere to your requirements for ongoing learning and development to maintain your registration.
- Meet your requirements for professional supervision as per your registration.
- Attend relevant meetings. Be punctual, prepared, and ready to participate.
- Actively participate in monthly documented support and supervision.
- Participate in relevant annual performance reviews.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the CEO or delegate
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VACANCIES
Applications must address the key competencies (selection criteria): For an Information Package containing position description, selection criteria and an employment application, please download above or contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0200.
Preferred applicants will also be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a new paid employee Working with Children Check (as required by the Act) prior to appointment with South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Salary will be in accordance with the South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025.
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, SCMSAC require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.