Berry St Nowra
SAL Consulting and South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation are collaborating to bring OOHC carers a special training event.
This one-day course is designed for carers supporting children and young people who have experienced trauma, abuse and neglect. Participants will gain an understanding of the impact of trauma on physical and brain development in children and young people and the different ways in which trauma presents, including behaviours of concern and how they can be understood.
Understanding the neuro-developmental impact of trauma, what Positive Behaviour Support is all about, and learning the basic underpinning framework that provides support to children and young people with intensive behaviour support needs are essential skills for carers supporting a high needs foster care placement.
- Understanding the neuro-developmental impact of trauma
- Developing a profile of the child or young person
- Assessment of behaviour
- Formulation – thinking about the behaviour, the context and the support
- Understanding “The Box”
- Challenging incidents
- Behaviour Intervention Support Plans
- Ecological supports: routines, star charts, house rules and other tricky frameworks
Interested in attending?
Contact Carer Support – phone 4448 0200